Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pointing Out The Obvious: A Collection Of Helpful Tricks And Ideas

Hey readers, this is my "why didn't I think of that?" section of my blog. Useful things I've discovered along the way will be posted here. I'll periodically be updating this blog with things that are obvious after you've seen them.

The Hopper Extension
So you're cooking something that needs to go for ten or twelve hours and you have other things to do apart from stirring and adding pellets? Try making one of these. I just took a 4' 12x1 and cut it into pieces. 4 walls, 2 lips to hold it even/in place. The result is the ability to fill my hopper and its new extenstion, then go to bed while my pulled pork cooks (first try, hope this goes well). Don't worry about it catching on fire, a well made pellet grill lets very little heat out and the open lid of the hopper will shield it from the majority of the heat that would get out.



#HardwoodsOnly

No comments:

Post a Comment