Monday, March 30, 2015

All Of The Animals In God's Kingdom... And The Delicious Ways To Cook Them With Fire: An Introduction To The Author

I'm Jake (my middle name is Monk). I'm 22 years old as of the start of this blog. I have developed somewhat of a reputation for the food that I cook (among those who know me), especially that which I grill. I'll be moving from Portland, Oregon, over to Florida in several months and this has lead me to writing this blog, laying out all of the things I have learned about barbecuing and the recipes I've discovered to be the best or the ones I made myself that became popular with those around me. Apart from my love of barbecue, I'm also a technology fanatic and a natural born researcher. I read basically anything I can get my hands on, but also play video games like a mindless meat stick and build computers when I get bored (no really, I actually do this from time to time). Now onto what you're actually here for...

I believe that every creature that breathes and has a heart beat tastes best cooked with fire. #HardwoodsOnly is a phrase you will see in all of my blog posts as well as instagram or facebook posts relating to my blog. The reason is simple, I don't cook with gas or briquettes (though both can produce excellent food if correctly used), I cook exclusively with hardwood because it frankly tastes better. Disagree? Well write your own blog, these are my opinions.

While cooking with hardwood chunks is good and well, it's also a pain in the bum and I'm lazy. Personally I use a Brinkman Pellet Grill for pretty much all of my outdoor cooking (till I move, then I'm buying a Yoder YS1500). Really any pellet grill will accomplish the same basic task. The best pellet grills are Yoders, then there's the others that many are fond of; Memphis Wood Fire Grills, Fast Eddy's grills, and Rec-Tec.

Brinkman, Pit-Boss, Traeger, and the like are all at the bottom of the pile being cheap made grills from China. If you have the money, buy a Yoder, they're worth it, just see one in person and you'll know why. Rock solid build quality (think 5-800lbs), excellent temperature and smoke system, and direct cooking capability. The basics of any pellet grill are easy temperature and smoke control, easy setup and clean up, and easy switching from one wood to another.And using any pellet grill to follow my guides should work fine.

I have a lot to cover, and for the sake of anyone bored enough to actually be reading this, I'll be trying a lot of new recipes (I'll try and make sure to do and write at least one a week). If you've got a question about one or a request of a type of meat you want me to make just figure out how to ask (seriously have no idea since I've never actually read a blog).

#HardwoodsOnly

No comments:

Post a Comment